Your family will love this version! The dish is often topped with potato chips, corn flakes, bread crumbs or canned fried onions. Made with a simple from scratch sauce, egg noodles, tuna, peas and a crunchy Panko-Parmesan topping.
I think one of my favorite things about winter is my love for comfort foods.
The ingredients are simple – canned tuna, mushrooms, peas, noodles in a homemade creamy sauce (without canned soup) finished with toasted breadcrumbs.
Fill the two soup cans with milk and add it to the dish as well.
You can have Tuna casserole using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tuna casserole
- Prepare 2 cans of tuna in water.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 can of peas.
- You need 1 stick of butter or 1/2 cup butter.
- You need 1 c of shredded cheddar jack.
- You need 2 of boxs any preferred mac and cheese.
- You need of Hot sauce*optional.
- You need 1/2 c of milk.
I made a few modifications so this recipe is healthier than others WITHOUT sacrificing.
instructions Tuna casserole
- Remove the cheese powder packets from the macaroni and set aside..
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the noodles and stir. Cook the noodles for 7-9 minutes. Add the peas during the last 2 minutes that the pasta cooks. Drain..
- Return the pasta and peas to the pan and add the butter, milk, cheese powder, Cheddar and tuna. Stir well..
- Serve and enjoy. I add salt and pepper and hot sauce to my bowl when making my plate..
Recipes Source: https://www.cookpad.com/en