Eggplant Parmesan Casserole.
Filling, mouthwatering, satisfying and a winning combo for everyone who loves comfort food. My eggplant parmesan recipe will be the one you use over and over again. Grated parmesan: Shredded parmesan works too in this recipe.
This easy eggplant parmesan recipe is not only delicious, but also healthy.
Make baked eggplant parmesan instead of lasagna to skip the unnecessary carbs and still enjoy all the cheesy goodness.
This Baked Eggplant Parmesan recipe is lightened up a bit with baked (instead of fried) panko-crusted roasted eggplant, and layered up with a zesty combination of marinara, cheeses and fresh herbs.
You can cook Eggplant Parmesan Casserole using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Eggplant Parmesan Casserole
- You need 1 of whole eggplant, skinned and cubed.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of flour.
- Prepare 10-20 of basil leaves.
- Prepare 1 cup of parmesan.
- You need 1 (45 oz) of jar of pasta sauce.
- You need 2 cups of vegetable oil.
- You need 2 cups of dried penne.
- Prepare 4 cups of water.
Dip eggplant slices in egg mixture; coat with flour mixture.
Eggplant Parmesan is a tasty and popular dish found on menus everywhere.
Making your own Eggplant Parmesan involves several steps, but it is so worth the effort!
Eggplant Parmesan makes a delicious and family favorite meal.
instructions Eggplant Parmesan Casserole
- Heat oil in a frying pan at medium high heat..
- Blend together eggs and flour. If it looks too thick add a bit of milk..
- Add a handful of the cubed eggplant to the batter and carefully place each one in the hot oil. Fry until each cube turns gold and starts to float the oil..
- Transfer cooked eggplant to a casserole dish. Repeat steps 3 until all the eggplant has been cooked and add the basil leaves..
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees..
- Boil the 4 cups of water for the pasta and cook penne for 15 minutes or till tender.
- Drain pasta and add it to the eggplant pieces. Sprinkle with half a cup of parmesan and toss..
- Cover the penne and eggplant with the pasta sauce then top with remaining parmesan..
- Bake casserole for 15-20 minutes to heat through. Allow to stand 5 minutes before serving..
Eggplant Parmesan is a great dish that is easy to make.
Recipes Source: https://www.cookpad.com/en