You can cook Cheeseburger Casserole using 26 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cheeseburger Casserole
- You need 2 lbs of Ground Beef or Turkey.
- You need 1/2 Cup of Chopped Onion.
- You need 1 Cup of Water.
- You need 1 Cup of Ketchup.
- You need 2 Tablespoon of Yellow Mustard.
- You need 1/2 Teaspoon of Pepper.
- Prepare 2 Cups of Shredded American Cheese.
- Prepare 2 Cans of Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dough Sheets.
- You need 1 of egg, beaten.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of Sesame Seeds.
- You need of Equipment.
- You need of Large Non-Stick Skillet (or 2 small ones if necessary).
- You need 1 (3 Quart) of Glass Baking Dish.
- Prepare of Whisk (or fork) to beat egg.
- You need 1 of Pastry/Basting/Cooking Brush (or fork) to brush egg.
- Prepare of Cutting Board and Knife.
- You need of Non-Stick Spray.
- Prepare of Spatula.
- You need of Strainer.
- You need of Optional Variations.
- You need of I use spicy ketchup, Whataburger brand.
- Prepare of Add 1/2 Cup of Chopped Dill Pickles or Chopped Green Chiles.
- You need of Season meat more with Tony Chachere’s or whatever else you like.
- Prepare of Remove bottom layer of crescent dough if you feel it’s too much.
- You need 1/2 of ingredients except cheese, egg and seeds for smaller version.
- You need of Sprinkle diced tomatoes on top when it’s ready to serve.
instructions Cheeseburger Casserole
- Start to heat oven to 375° F. Begin to brown Ground Meat in Large Skillet, stirring frequently. You will also add the onions (and Green Chiles if you chose) to the meat and cook them down together..
- While the meat and onions are cooking, you may beat the egg in a small bowl. Also unroll one of the Crescent Dough Sheets on the cutting board and cut into six big, even size pieces. Spray the Glass Baking Dish with Non-Stick Spray, then line the bottom of the dish with the dough pieces into one even layer..
- Once meat is cooked thoroughly, turn off burner, drain meat/onions through the strainer and then add it back to the skillet. Stir in the Mustard, Ketchup, Water, Pepper and whatever else you chose to season the meat. (This is also when to add the Chopped Pickles if you chose).
- Spoon the filling mixture into the Glass Baking Dish on top of the first layer of Crescent Dough Sheet and smooth it out into a nice even layer. Sprinkle the Shredded American Cheese evenly on top..
- Unroll the last Crescent Dough Sheet on the cutting board and cut the same six, big even size pieces. Place those pieces on top the cheese forming an even top layer, small gaps are ok..
- Brush the top layer of the Crescent Dough Sheet with the beaten egg to where the whole surface is lightly covered. Take the Sesame Seeds and sprinkle across the whole top layer as the finishing touch..
- Place Glass Baking Dish in middle rack of oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, turning halfway through, until dough is a nice golden brown. Take out carefully and you’re done!.
- I recommend cutting and serving with a wide, flat spatula. French Fries/Tater Tots or Mac N’ Cheese have proven to be very good sides for this dish..
Recipes Source: https://www.cookpad.com/en