Baked Spaghetti Casserole.
Why make baked spaghetti instead of regular ol’ spaghetti with meat sauce? It’s all about that melty layer of cheese on top! If you prefer, slice some fresh mozzarella to finish it off instead.
Easy to put together and always a crowd favorite.
This post may contain affiliate links.
Baked spaghetti is a great comfort food recipe.
You can have Baked Spaghetti Casserole using 18 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Baked Spaghetti Casserole
- Prepare of Meat Sauce:.
- You need 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 lb. of ground beef.
- You need 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 can (28 oz.) of no salt added crushed tomatoes.
- You need 1 tsp. of each brown sugar. dried basil.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of pepper.
- You need of Pasta & Cheesy Layers:.
- Prepare 1 box (16 oz.) of thin spaghetti pasta.
- You need 2 of large eggs.
- You need 1/3 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- You need 5 tbsp. of salted butter, melted.
- You need 2 cups of ricotta cheese.
- You need 2 cups of freshly shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare 1 cup of freshly shredded white cheddar.
- You need 1/2 cup of freshly shredded parmesan cheese.
This recipe for Baked Spaghetti has been a favorite of my family for years.
It’s a good dinner recipe for cozy winter nights, and it’s one that the whole family typically enjoys too.
Cut squash in half lengthwise and spoon seeds out.
Punch randomly with a fork, place cut side down on a baking sheet.
step by step Baked Spaghetti Casserole
- Heat the oil in a large, deep skillet over medium heat. Once it’s hot, add the beef and cook, breaking it up, until it’s browned throughout. Then drain any excess grease and add the onion to the skillet. Once the onion softens up, add the garlic and cook another minute or so, until fragrant. Stir in the crushed tomatoes, brown sugar, basil, salt and pepper, then lower the heat and let it simmer while you start cooking the pasta..
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease a 9×13″ baking pan and set it aside. Cook the spaghetti until al dente in a large pot of salted water. When it’s ready, drain it and return it to the pot. In a small bowl, beat the eggs, melted butter and grated parmesan cheese together. Then pour it over the drained pasta and toss to fully coat. Place the shredded mozzarella, parmesan and white cheddar in a bowl and toss together to integrate it all together..
- Place half of the pasta into the prepared pan, then top with half of the ricotta and half of the meat sauce. Sprinkle half of the shredded cheese blend over that, then repeat the layers with the rest. Make sure to completely cover the pasta with the top layer of sauce. Cover the pan with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Then remove the foil, and bake another 15-20 minutes, until the cheese has started to brown. Let it cool for 10 or so minutes, then slice into squares and serve..
With spaghetti squash, most people seem to fall into one of two categories: There are those who LOVE spaghetti squash as a lower-calorie replacement for spaghetti.
And there are those who shun it.
Transfer spaghetti squash meat onto another baking sheet and place in oven.
Enjoy spaghetti noodles tossed in pasta sauce, then topped with cheese and mushrooms and baked until golden brown.
Every recipe is straightforward and easy to follow along with.
Recipes Source: https://www.cookpad.com/en