You can have Lasagna Casserole using 21 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lasagna Casserole
- Prepare 16 oz of uncooked pasta, shape is your choice. I use elbow mac, rotini, or penne. If you can find mini lasagna noodles go for it, bow tie works good too.
- You need 2 cups of or so Mozzarella cheese for topping.
- You need of Sauce.
- You need 2 lbs of ground meat, personally we like 1/2 beef and 1/2 venison. You could use pork, turkey, sausage, whatever.
- You need 1-2 tbsp of olive oil, if your meat lacks fat.
- You need 1/2 of large onion, diced.
- Prepare 3-4 cloves of minced garlic.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of dried basil, oregano, and parsley.
- You need 44 oz of jar of pasta sauce, and a little water to rinse out the jar.
- Prepare 6 oz of can of tomato paste (optional for more intense tomato flavor).
- You need 1 tbsp of cooking sherry.
- Prepare 1-2 tbsp of red wine vinegar (cuts the sweetness).
- Prepare Pinch of sugar to bring flavors together.
- You need of Cheese filling layer.
- Prepare 24 oz of cottage cheese or ricotta (full fat tastes best).
- You need 2 of eggs.
- You need 2 tbsp of parsley.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of pepper (use slightly more if coarse ground).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of grated parmesan.
- Prepare 8 oz of shredded Mozzarella cheese.
instructions Lasagna Casserole
- Bring large pot of water to boil, salt water and cook noodles to al dente. Drain and set aside..
- Brown meat, and as meat is getting close to done add in onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook until onions are getting translucent, and add herbs (oregano, parsley, and basil). Then add pasta sauce and tomato paste if using. Stir well together, add the vinegar and sherry. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, add the sugar, then let simmer together for an hour. Watch bottom of pan that it doesn’t scorch..
- Heat oven to 375. Put your cheese and two eggs into a bowl, beat together until smooth (important for if you use cottage cheese instead of ricotta, helps smooth out out. Cottage cheese also spreads easier during assembly). Stir in pepper, parsley, and parmesan. Finally mix in Mozzarella cheese..
- Once all your components are assembled, spray a 11×16 casserole pan with cooking spray. You will assemble starting with 1/3 of the noodles, 1/3 of the sauce, and 1/2 of cheese mixture. Repeat the layers, and end with last third of noodles topped with sauce. Finally spread 2 cups of Mozzarella cheese over top of the casserole..
- Cover with foil, bake for 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 15 minutes, if you want the cheese on top browned and slightly more crispy put under the broiler for a hot minute. Allow to cool for 10 minutes to set up before dishing up. Feed to hungry children and husband!.
Recipes Source: https://www.cookpad.com/en