You can cook Chickpea casserole using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chickpea casserole
- You need 1 can of chickpeas/1 1/5 cup freshly cooked chickpeas.
- You need 1 tbls of hummus.
- You need 3 of crushed garlic cloves.
- You need 3 tbls of lemon juice.
- You need 1/2 cup of plain yoghurt.
- You need 1 of large toasted pita bread.
- You need 1/2 tsp of paprika.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin.
- You need to taste of Salt & pepper.
- Prepare of Mint for garnishing.
instructions Chickpea casserole
- Cook chickpeas in its water for 3-5 minutes over medium heat.
- As the chickpeas are cooking, using a fork, crush a few chickpeas.
- In a serving dish, break up the pita bread and arrange at the bottom of the dish.
- In a jar/ bowl, mix yoghurt, hummus, garlic, lemon juice, cumin, paprika and salt & pepper and set aside.
- Bring some water to a boil, pour hot water in a large dish (that can hold the jar of the yoghurt mixture), stand the jar of yoghurt mixture in the hot water and stir for 2-3 minutes so that the flavours blend well together.
- Add the cooked chickpeas in the yoghurt mix, until well combined.
- Finally, pour the entire mixture over the pita bread, garnish with chopped mint and serve warm.
Recipes Source: https://www.cookpad.com/en