Quick Sardine Salad with Orange Vinaigrette & Capers for 2.
You can have Quick Sardine Salad with Orange Vinaigrette & Capers for 2 using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Quick Sardine Salad with Orange Vinaigrette & Capers for 2
- You need of (1) 5 oz. packet of spring mix or baby arugula.
- Prepare 12-16 of grape or cherry tomatoes, halved.
- You need 1 of medium carrot, julienned or shredded.
- You need 1/4 of of a small mild/sweet onion, very thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1 of medium orange of a sweet variety (like Navel or Valencia).
- Prepare 1.5-2 Tablespoons of vinegar (I used red wine today, but distilled white, white wine, or sherry vinegar would all work fine.).
- You need of fresh cracked black pepper.
- Prepare 1/4-1/3 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- You need 1.5-2 Tablespoons of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of small can of sardines in olive oil (My can was 4.375 oz, but they vary.).
- You need of capers in vinegar.
instructions Quick Sardine Salad with Orange Vinaigrette & Capers for 2
- Put salad greens, onions, tomatoes, and carrots in a large mixing bowl..
Add freshly cracked pepper to taste, salt (start on the lower end of the measurements), and squeeze in the juice of the orange.
Tip: Rolling the orange with firm pressure right before squeezing will break the pulp and release more juice..
Drizzle in olive oil (start with 1.5 Tablespoons) and vinegar (start with 1.5 Tablespoons) and toss thoroughly.
Adjust seasoning as desired..
Divide the dressed salad mixture over two plates and top each with half of the canned fish and capers to taste.
I like to add a little extra cracked pepper here. 😉
Recipes Source: https://www.cookpad.com/en