Cold rice salad with apples and cashews, Indian-style.
I did measure things out this time but, of course, all proportions are a matter of taste, especially spices. Peel and core the apple and cut into small chunks. If desired, for presentation purposes, the rice can pressed into a lightly-oiled bowl, inverted and unmolded on to a decorative serving plate Pour in the coconut milk, chicken stock, cumin, coriander, red pepper flakes, salt, turmeric, bay leaf, raisins, and cashew halves.
Curry Rice Salad with Artichokes loosely based on Cold Rice Salad from San.
Inventive Vegetarian’s Apple Walnut Salad Wild Rice Salad with Chicken, Dried Cherries.
An easy side dish to take to picnics, potlucks or just enjoy at home is this recipe for cold Thai rice salad.
You can cook Cold rice salad with apples and cashews, Indian-style using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cold rice salad with apples and cashews, Indian-style
- You need 2 cups of cooked rice.
- You need 1 cup of chopped apple.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cashews, chopped.
- You need 1/4 tsp of crushed cardamom seeds (optional).
- You need 1/4 tsp of coriander seeds.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of yellow mustard seeds.
- You need 1/8 tsp of cumin seeds.
- You need 1/2 tbs of coconut oil.
- You need 1/2 tbs of turmeric powder.
- You need 1 tbs of chaat masala powder.
- You need 1 tbs of butter.
- You need 1 tsp of jaggery paste (brown sugar would also work).
- You need 1/4 of of a medium red onion, finely diced.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped mint.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- Prepare of Yogurt (optional).
This rice salad with cashews has a spicy.
Drain, rinse in cold water, drain again, then combine with vegetables in a large bowl.
If desired, for presentation purposes, the rice can be pressed into a lightly-oiled bowl, inverted and unmoulded on to a decorative serving plate, and then garnished with fresh coriander and slices of lime and tomato.
Cold Rice Salad is perfect for hot summer days – it’s refreshing crunchy and very simple to prepare.
step by step Cold rice salad with apples and cashews, Indian-style
- Heat coconut oil in a sauce pan over medium-high heat, then add the cardamom, cumin, coriander, and mustard, and bloom until fragrant, about 30 sec to a minute..
- Lower heat to low-medium, add in rice, then season to taste with salt. Add in turmeric and chaat masala, and mix. Heat for about five minutes, mixing often, then remove from heat..
- Peel and core the apple and cut into small chunks. Melt butter and stir in jaggery paste until dissolved, then add apples. Coat well and cook over medium-high heat until apples turn brown and tender but are still firm (3 to 5 mins)..
- In a large bowl, mix together the rice, apples, chopped cashews, and diced onions. Refrigerate until cool..
- Just before serving, add mint and mix thoroughly. Serve as is or with yogurt on the side..
Plus this recipe is great to make in bult for barbecues and parties.
Remove from heat and stir wild rice with bell pepper mixture.
Add dressing ingredients and shake well.
It complements most meat entrees or can be served on a bed of lettuce as a vegetarian dish.—Linda Bankauskas, Ann Arbor, Michigan.
This is a very tasty brown rice recipe salad.
Recipes Source: https://www.cookpad.com/en