Cold rice salad with apples and toasted cashews, Western-style.
A simpler, Western version of the Indian-style rice salad that I previously posted, with a fresh combination of herbal, fruity, and nutty tastes. A good use for that cold rice sitting in the back of your fridge. Since I think I entered this in the dorm room contest, I’ll say that the total cost of ingredients is.
Bring it to a potluck or picnic.
Cold Rice Salad, Cold Rice Salad, Cold Thai Rice Salad With Spicy Peanut Sauce And Cashews.
Top with a large serving of salad and toasted hazelnuts or walnuts.
You can have Cold rice salad with apples and toasted cashews, Western-style using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cold rice salad with apples and toasted cashews, Western-style
- Prepare 2 cups of cooked white rice.
- You need 1 of medium green apple.
- You need 1 of small red onion.
- You need 1/3 cup of or so chopped Italian parsley.
- You need 1/4 cup of or so chopped raw cashews.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- Prepare of Lemon juice.
- You need of Salt.
View top rated Rice salad with cashews recipes with ratings and reviews. very quickly.
Curry Rice Salad with Artichokes loosely based on Cold Rice Salad from San.
Lime cake, Six-Layer Key Lime Cake with Cream Cheese Icing and Toasted Coconut , Six-Layer.
Cashew Apple Salad. “My sister-in-law brought this crunchy salad to a potluck and it’s been a favorite ever since,” says Hamilton, Montana’s Tammy Burnham.
instructions Cold rice salad with apples and toasted cashews, Western-style
- Put rice in a big bowl. If it’s stuck together, break it up gently with a fork..
- Peel and chop up the apple into small chunks..
- Peel and finely dice the onion..
- Finely chop up the parsley..
- Chop the raw cashews gently into halves or thirds, then toast them on the stove on medium-high until they turn a gentle brown and give off a nutty smell. Keep on an eye on them to be sure they don’t burn..
- Add apple, onion, parsley, and toasted cashews to the rice, and mix together. Drizzle with a bit of olive oil and squeeze on some fresh lemon juice, then mix again to evenly distribute the oil and acid. Salt to taste..
- You can eat it right away as the hungry girlfriend did or be patient like me and let it sit in the fridge overnight so the flavors blend together..
Stir in the celery, apples and cashews.
Cold Rice Salad is perfect for hot summer days – it’s refreshing crunchy and very simple to prepare.
Plus this recipe is great to make in bult for barbecues and parties.
Drain the rice, and cool in the fridge.
This delicious black rice salad is made with black forbidden rice, sweet mangoes, oranges and crunchy cashews.
Recipes Source: https://www.cookpad.com/en