Dried fruit salad – khoshaf.
A dessert made of dried fruits soaked in apricot juice and decorated with almonds and pine nuts. It’s a healthy and refreshing Syrian dessert. Any other juice can be used for the soaking.
Remove the nuts from their respective bowls, peel the Place the peeled nuts in the serving bowl along with the dried fruits and syrup.
Serve either in small bowls individually or in a large bowl.
Khoshaf is a dried fruit salad made by rehydrating some Amareddine (an apricot fruit leather).
You can have Dried fruit salad – khoshaf using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Dried fruit salad – khoshaf
- You need 1 liter of apricot juice, or any other juice like qamar ed-deen – apricot sherbet – or tang juice.
- You need 1 cup of dried apricots.
- You need 1 cup of dried prunes.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of dried raisins, big grains.
- You need 1/2 cup of dried raisins, small grains.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of almonds, preferably unroasted.
- You need 1/2 cup of pistachios, preferably unroasted.
- You need 1/2 cup of pine nuts, preferably unroasted.
- You need 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of orange blossom water.
The base is sweetened with a simple syrup and a few drops of orange blossom water and rose water.
Dried fruit salad (Khoshaf) – Taste of Beirut.
This dried fruit salad also includes fresh bananas, apples and oranges.
Dried fruit compote ‘Khoshaf’ by Yossra.
step by step Dried fruit salad – khoshaf
- Soak all the dried fruits together in the chosen juice..
- Leave it for 4 hr then add the orange blossom water and sugar..
- Pour into serving glasses and sprinkle with the nuts..
- You can soak the nuts in water before serving..
- Note: You can find the recipe ‘Apricot sherbet’ under my profile..
Dried fruit recipe or khoshaf in an authentic Egyptian compot recipe made with apricots, figs, prunes, raisins and nuts.
I was not a big fan of khoshaf when I was growing up, I bet all kids are as they do not want to waste their time eating dry.
This dried fruit compote reflects that tradition, but it also combines other highly nutritional dried fruits and nuts. خشاف رمضان
This wonderful concoction is made of raisins, dried prunes Dried fruit salad (Khoshaf).
The easy way to prepare this salad is to dilute the apricot syrup (amardeen) in water.
Recipes Source: https://www.cookpad.com/en