You can have Buttermilk Pancakes using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Buttermilk Pancakes
- You need 2 cups of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 3 tbs of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda.
- You need pinch of salt.
- You need 2 tbs of butter, melted.
- You need 4 of eggs, yolks and white separated.
- You need 2 cups of buttermilk.
- You need 1 tbs of granulated sugar.
- You need of non-stick spray.
- Prepare of blueberries, bananas, maple syrup, exc.
step by step Buttermilk Pancakes
- To make the dry mix: sift the flour into a medium bowl. Add the 3 tbs of sugar, baking powder, soda, and salt. Set aside..
- Melt the butter in the microwave for 30 seconds and let it cool for about 10 minutes..
- Crack the eggs and seperate the yolks in a small bowl and the whites in a larger one (you will be adding all ingredients in this bowl later on)..
- Whisk the eggs until fluffy and then add the buttermilk and mix together..
- In the smaller bowl blend the yolks together and add the room temp butter along with the 1 tablespoon of sugar..
- Add the yolk mixture to the egg whites mixture until fully combined. Then slowly mix in the dry mix until all the clumps disappear. DO NOT OVER MIX. Refridgerate for 10 minutes..
- During the 10 minutes of waiting, turn on your skillet to let it heat up. I always turn it up to about 300 to 350 degrees but sometimes I turn it down if the pancakes are getting brown too fast. Up to you..
- If you want any mix-ins now is the time to prepare them. For bananas slice them up really small and either mix them into the batter or hand place them on the cake immediately after put on the griddle (same for chocolate chips). As for blueberries I like to dress mine with flour and then add them to the batter. Use the photo for reference..
- Once the 10 min are up spray a good amount of non-stick spray onto the skillet. Grab a large spoon or a mashed potato scooper and spoon a cookie-sized portion of the batter onto the griddle (now would be when you place the chocolate chips or any mix-in you like). Cook until you see bubbles forming in the middle and then flip once..
- Top with more mix-ins, butter, or syrup. You can keep them warm if you heat your oven to 200 degrees and let them sit in there until someone is ready to eat em. Enjoy!.
Recipes Source: https://www.cookpad.com/en