5-minute Ambrosia salad.
One of my favorite, Ambrosia Salad is a fruit salad that can be served as side or as dessert. In India, it is mostly referred as Fruit Cream Salad. Who says you’re not ready for a last minute invitation?
Our Grandma’s didn’t used to make ambrosia salad with Cool Whip, it used to be sour cream – and let me tell you, once you try this you aren’t going back to edible oil products in your ambrosia salad again!
This ambrosia salad with cool whip is just the tip of the iceberg with our upcoming fruit salad features. (update: Watergate salad is now live, do not miss this Ambrosia Fruit Salad with Cool Whip.
What I love about this recipe is that it’s minutes, I mean minutes, until its done!
You can have 5-minute Ambrosia salad using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of 5-minute Ambrosia salad
- You need 8 ounces of thawed cool whip.
- You need 1/2 cup of Greek or regular yogurt (I used honey flavored Greek).
- Prepare 1 cup of maraschino cherries halved.
- You need 1-11 ounce of can of mandarin oranges.
- You need 1-8 ounce of can crushed or tidbit pineapple.
- Prepare 1.5 cups of mini marshmallows regular or fruit flavored.
I think it can be so stressful.
Traditional ambrosia salad is a combination of heavy cream, marshmallows, coconut, diced pineapples, and orange segments.
Ambrosia is an American variety of fruit salad.
Most ambrosia recipes contain: canned (often sweetened) or fresh pineapple, canned mandarin orange slices or fresh orange sections.
step by step 5-minute Ambrosia salad
- Mix yogurt and cool whip..
- Fold in pineapple, cherry halves, and marshmallows.
- Last add in the mandarin oranges as they tend to break easier. Chill for an hour before serving. Holds up to 3 days in the fridge. I serve mine with a side of graham crackers..
Dessert salads like Ambrosia salad were often on the menu, but never on my plate.
Oh, was I ever missing out.
Sour Cream — This ingredient is key for.
This salad is just one of those recipes that you look forward to and the holidays don’t seem the same if it is missing.
Give this a try and start a yummy family tradition!
Recipes Source: https://www.cookpad.com/en