Jerk Mahimahi Salad with Ginger Chile Vinaigrette.
The salad itself is a simple medley of flavors and colors: Cucumbers, orange segments, red onions and grilled chicken (leftover, if you’d like) served over a bed of lettuce. Get the Recipe for Asian Chicken Salad with Sesame-Ginger Vinaigrette. The garlic-sesame crust seals the fish fillets as they cook, and they emerge succulent and flavorful.
If you can’t get fresh basil, you can easily substitute Italian Parsley or Oregano in the vinaigrette.
Suggested Beverage Pairing: Apothic Red Blend.
The recipes found on the KTA Kitchens YouTube channel are provided as suggestions only as.
You can cook Jerk Mahimahi Salad with Ginger Chile Vinaigrette using 31 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Jerk Mahimahi Salad with Ginger Chile Vinaigrette
- You need of Fish:.
- You need 1 lb of mahimahi, cut into 4 pieces (chicken or shrimp would make a great substitute).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of jerk seasoning (see below).
- You need 3 tbs of olive oil.
- You need 2/3 cup of unsweetened shredded or flaked coconut.
- You need of Salad:.
- You need 8 cups of mixed greens or spinach.
- You need 2 cups of mango, cubed.
- You need 1 cups of halved cherry tomatoes.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped basil.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro.
- You need 1 of avocado, cubed.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of unsweetened shredded or flaked coconut.
- You need 1 cup of blueberries.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of crushed cashews.
- Prepare of Chile Ginger Vinaigrette:.
- You need 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 tbs of orange juice.
- You need 1 tbs of cider vinegar.
- You need 1 (1 inch) of knob fresh ginger.
- Prepare 1 of red fresno chile, seeded.
- You need of Freshly ground salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Jerk Seasoning: (Store bought works too!).
- You need 1 tbs of garlic powder.
- You need 2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 2 tsp of dried thyme.
- You need 2 tsp of kosher salt.
- You need 1 tsp of ground all-spice.
- You need 1/2 tsp of freshly ground pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
Sweet and spicy Asian chopped salad with a sweet and spicy vinaigrette.
Meal prep and pack for lunch.
Of course, I had to publish my recipe for Thai Chopped Salad with Chili Ginger Vinaigrette.
It’s the perfect combination of crunchy.
step by step Jerk Mahimahi Salad with Ginger Chile Vinaigrette
- Make the jerk seasoning by putting all the ingredients in a glass jar and shake to combine. Store the excess for future use..
- Make the fish. Sprinkle the mahimahi with jerk seasoning. Rub with 2 tbs of olive oil to coat. Press coconut onto fish to adhere..
- In a large skillet, heat the remaining tbs of olive oil over medium. When it shimmers, add the fish, and sear 2 to 3 minutes, then flip and cook for 3 to 4 more minutes more, or until flakey and opaque..
- Make the salad. In a large bowel, toss together the greens, mango, tomatoes, basil and cilantro..
- Place warm fish on the salad. Add avocado. Sprinkle the salad with coconut, blueberries, and cashews..
- Make the vinaigrette. Blend together olive oil, orange juice, vinegar, ginger, chile, and a pinch each of salt and pepper..
- Drizzle the vinaigrette over the salad and enjoy!.
I tried it this evening on some Grilled Mahi Mahi.
I added an extra Thai Chili to suit my spicy food needs as well as a little less rice vinegar.
Season vinaigrette with salt and pepper.
Brush remaining ginger oil over fish.
Transfer fish to plates, drizzle with vinaigrette, and serve.
Recipes Source: https://www.cookpad.com/en