Truly African Banana Cake (Chigumu).
You can have Truly African Banana Cake (Chigumu) using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Truly African Banana Cake (Chigumu)
- Prepare 3 cups of whole grain maize flour(mgaiwa).
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- You need 3 of large eggs.
- You need 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 6 of very ripe large bananas or 10 medium bananas.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar (or according to the sweetness of your bananas).
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
- You need Pinch of salt.
step by step Truly African Banana Cake (Chigumu)
- Preheat oven to 180° and grease an 11×8″ rectangular pan.
- In a small bowl whisk together whole grain maize flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside..
- Mash bananas to your liking. I mash up mine with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Add sugar to the banana mash and stir until combined before adding in the eggs and oil. Whisk until thoroughly incorporated.
- Stir in vanilla and the dry ingredient mixture.
- Add in the milk in three additions and mix until fully combined.
- Transfer to your greased pan and bake for 25 to 30minutes or until a skewer poked into the cake comes out clean.
- Serve and enjoy with a hot beverage 😊.
Recipes Source: https://www.cookpad.com/en