Cold barley salad with pomelo, pomegranate, cashews, and shiso.
See great recipes for Cold barley salad with pomelo, pomegranate, cashews, and shiso too! Dark greens, roasted vegetables, and citrus fruits of all colors and stripes are the real players in January and February. They make salads that are both hearty and flavorful.
Add chopped avocado and tomato to the barley with pomegranate, chopped onion, chopped mint leaves, lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil. “A very quick and nutritious salad made with pomegranate seeds and feta cheese.” Save to favorites.
Place spinach in a salad bowl.
Top with red onion, walnuts, feta, and sprouts.
You can have Cold barley salad with pomelo, pomegranate, cashews, and shiso using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cold barley salad with pomelo, pomegranate, cashews, and shiso
- You need 1/2 cup of or so of cold barley (actually Job’s tears in this case but same thing for these purposes).
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped pomelo.
- You need 1/4 cup of or so of pomegranate seeds.
- You need 1/3 cup of chopped and toasted cashews.
- You need 2 of shiso leaves, chopped up.
- You need 1 of small shallot, finely minced.
- Prepare 1 of slug of olive oil (say, a tsp or so).
- Prepare 1 of healthy squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
- You need to taste of Salt,.
Sprinkle pomegranate seeds over the top, and drizzle with vinaigrette.
Cooking the barley right in the broth gives this salad an extra flavor boost right from the start.
Lemon and parsley give it a bright, fresh note to contrast the rich flavor from Stir the barley, cucumber, red pepper, cheese, olives and green onions in a large bowl.
Add the lemon juice mixture and toss to coat.
instructions Cold barley salad with pomelo, pomegranate, cashews, and shiso
- Chop, toast, and mince as indicated above, then mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Add oil, lemon juice, and salt, and give a good mix again. Taste and adjust until you want to eat it..
- Cover it then pop it in the fridge for an hour or so to let it chill and allow the flavors to come together..
The nuttiness of the pearled barley and pine nuts contrasts with the sweet apples and pomegranate seeds in this tasty side dish.
The salad (without the pine nuts) can be refrigerated overnight.
Bring the salad to room temperature before serving.
Pomelos are the sweeter, peppery ancestor of the grapefruit.
This salad was the prevailing crowd-pleaser at our recent Lunar New Year party.
Recipes Source: https://www.cookpad.com/en