.with the kind of refrigeration we had in our homes, cooked meat could be kept much more safely than raw. Therefore, when housewives bought their Sunday meat they selected pieces large enough to. Shepherd’s Pie comes to us from England, and is traditionally made with lamb or mutton.
That saucy, deeply flavourful filling, that creamy potato topping, and that awesome golden cheese crust.… While Shepherd’s Pie is.
The bottom layer is a simple a mix of ground lamb and vegetables, simmered into a delicious savory sauce.
This easy Shepherd’s Pie recipe is filled with lots of veggies and tender ground beef (or lamb), simmered together in the most delicious sauce, and topped with the creamiest mashed potatoes.
You can have Shepherd’s pie using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Shepherd’s pie
- You need of Potatoes.
- You need of Minced meat.
- You need of Mozzarella cheese.
- You need of Onions.
- Prepare of Butter.
- Prepare of Red,green and yellow peppers.
- You need of Peas and carrots.
- You need of Flour.
- You need of Water.
- You need of Garlic and ginger paste.
- You need of Black pepper.
- You need of Dried thyme.
- Prepare of Rosemary.
- Prepare of Seasoning.
- Prepare of Tomatoes paste.
Learn how to make it with ground beef, turkey, chicken, and lamb recipes.
Shepherd’s pie with rich lamb and creamy mash is winter comfort food at its best.
The peaks and ridges on the mash just adds to the appeal!
Shepherd’s pie has culinary origins from England and its creation was inspired by the workers who tend to sheep.
instructions Shepherd’s pie
- Sauté some chopped onions in butter. Add minced meat,dried parsley,thyme,rosemary,salt,black pepper,garlic and ginger paste and seasoning together. Cook for a of minute.Add a little flour and tomatoes paste.Add water peas and carrots.Simmer the meat gravy until thick..
- Meanwhile, go ahead and boil some peeled and chopped potatoes.Drain the potatoes, add butter,salt, black pepper and mash until smooth..
- Pour the meat mixture into a casserole dish. Top it the mashed potatoes and mozzarella cheese and bake..
Plunge your spoon into a shepherd’s pie with creamy mash and flavourful lamb mince.
We’ve got some lovely twists on shepherd’s pie on the site, but we were missing a definitive version of this.
Tender ground lamb (or beef) and chopped vegetables cooked in a rich gravy Learn How to make Shepherd’s Pie and enjoy this easy and comforting recipe year-round.
Shepherd’s pie is traditionally made with a ground-lamb filling, but we make ours with ground beef.
The sauce is really simple and flavorful, but the best part is the insanely fluffy mashed potato topping.
Recipes Source: https://www.cookpad.com/en