Chili Cheese Dog Bubble Up Casserole.
My husband ate this for several meals in a row! Bet you can guess where this is going. Cheesy Ham and Chicken Bubble-Up Bake.
Who doesn’t love a chili dog?!
Well just because we are on WW or eating healthier doesn’t mean we can’t still enjoy one!
Kids and dads alike will dive right into this hearty, comforting dish.
You can cook Chili Cheese Dog Bubble Up Casserole using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chili Cheese Dog Bubble Up Casserole
- You need 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- You need 1 of bell pepper, diced.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 lb. of ground beef.
- You need 4 of hot dogs, sliced into bite sized pieces.
- You need 1 can (15 oz.) of unsalted kidney beans, drained and rinsed.
- Prepare 1 can (15 oz.) of unsalted diced tomatoes.
- You need 1 can (8 oz.) of unsalted tomato sauce.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp. of chili powder.
- You need 1 tsp. of each cumin, oregano, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of each salt, pepper, smoked paprika.
- Prepare 1 can (7.5 oz.) of refrigerated biscuit dough, biscuits quartered.
- You need 1 cup of freshly shredded cheddar cheese.
In a large skillet, saute the green pepper, onion and celery in oil until crisp-tender.
Stir in hot dogs; saute Simply delish!
My family likes cornbread served on the side!
Cook up the rest in a skillet on the stove!
instructions Chili Cheese Dog Bubble Up Casserole
- In a large, deep skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Once it’s hot, add the hot dog pieces and cook them, stirring occasionally, until they have browned. Then remove them from the pan to a seperate plate and cover it loosely with foil..
- Add the peppers, onions and ground beef to the skillet. Cook until the beef is browned throughout and the peppers and onions have softened. Drain any fat, if needed. Then stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant. Then add the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, kidney beans, hot dog pieces, seasonings, brown sugar and Worcestershire. Let it come to a simmer and preheat the oven to 350°F in the meantime. Grease a 9×13″ baking pan and set it aside..
- Let the chili mixture simmer for 10 minutes or so if you have the time (to better develop the flavors). Then pour the mix out into the prepared baking pan. Gently stir in the biscuit pieces and pop it in the oven for 25 minutes. After that, remove it and sprinkle the cheese evenly over the top. Return it to the oven until the biscuit pieces are completely cooked through (mainly the pieces in the center). This really depends on your oven…it can take anywhere from 5-15 minutes. Then serve..
Add some spicy heat with sliced jalapeños.
The whole family will love this Chili Cheese Dog Bubble-Up Bake!
Simply add hot dogs & chili, top with cheese & biscuits and pop into the oven.
Seasoned chicken, chopped up bacon, Alfredo sauce, and pasta….what more.
A mouthful of a name, this dish is an all-in-one dinner that we can’t get enough of.
Recipes Source: https://www.cookpad.com/en