5 cheese lasagna.
Excellent basic cheese lasagna recipe that can be tailored very easily for family preferences. Delicately layered pasta with a creamy cheese filling, topped with a rich marinara sauce. I prepared this for a Cub Scout banquet.
Produces a drier lasagna since the noodles are cooked in the sauce.
Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions.
Cold under cool water and drain.
You can cook 5 cheese lasagna using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of 5 cheese lasagna
- You need 1.5 jars of garlic onion pasta sauce.
- You need 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- You need 4 tablespoons of Italian herbs.
- You need 2 of table spoons onion powder.
- You need 2 tablespoons of garlic powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 tablespoon of pepper.
- You need 1 can of diced tomatoes with garlic.
- You need 1 pound of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 box of lasagna noodles.
- You need 2-8 ounce of bags of mozzarella shredded cheese.
- Prepare 2-8 ounce of bags shredded Colby jack cheese.
- Prepare 1 cup of grated or shredded parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1-24 ounce of tub of cottage cheese.
- You need 1-15 ounce of tub ricotta cheese.
The five cheese lasagna makes for a hearty dinner.
I have even given this lasagna a Descriptive Name: Five Cheese Hot Italian Sausage Lasagna.
I didn’t really intend for it to have five cheeses, but sometimes cheese just randomly jumps into my.
Make and freeze this five cheese lasagna before you venture out on a holiday, and enjoy it upon your return.
step by step 5 cheese lasagna
- Cooked ground beef and chop finely..
- Mix 1/2 of all the spices into the ground beef and add in spaghetti sauce and diced tomatoes. Add all of the sugar into it..
- Boil noodles until Aldente and drain. Do not rinse pasta..
- Start by layering your 13×9 baking pan with noodles then spread some of the ricotta on them then cottage cheese, top with ground beef and sauce mixture then all cheeses, and season each layer as you go with remaining spices..
- Repeat until Pan is full topping the final layer with noodles, sauce and meat mixture and shredded cheeses. Keep cottage cheese and ricotta for the internal layers not for the final top layer. I add a little extra Italian seasoning and pepper on top. For appearance and taste..
- Cover and bake on 375 for 35-45 minutes until got all the way through and cheese fully melted. Remove foil last 10 minutes for baking to brown cheese lightly..
- Let stand for at least 30 minutes before serving so sauce and noodles can set a little firmer. Pairs great with Texas toast or salad or perfectly delicious all by itself! This recipe makes at least an 8-10 lb pan of lasagna but holds for about 5-7 days in the fridge..
Is there anything better then lasagna loaded with cheese?
Narrow search to just “cheese lasagna” in the title sorted by quality sort by rating or Advanced search.
Those that love cheese should most definitely give Stouffer’s Five Cheese Lasagna a try!
I really like this lasagna because I really like cheese!.
Vegetarian Lasagna Recipe Gnocchi Pasta Cheese Meat Chicken Recipes Food Meal.
Recipes Source: https://www.cookpad.com/en