Sweet Yam Casserole.
Even those who dislike yams and sweet potatoes love this tasty dish! This dish can be frozen, but freeze it without the pecan topping. In my family the marshmallows on top are a mush!
If you are adding mini marshmallows to the When using canned sweet potatoes or yams the consistency is not as good and the canned potatoes.
Get the best sweet potato and yam recipes recipes from trusted magazines, cookbooks, and more.
You’ll find recipe ideas complete with cooking tips, member reviews, and ratings.
You can cook Sweet Yam Casserole using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sweet Yam Casserole
- You need 2 cans of yams (40 ounce), drained.
- You need 1 cup of light brown sugar.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 stick of margarine (softened).
- You need 1 bag of mini marshmallows.
- You need of Sprinkle cinnamon powder.
See great recipes for Filipino Food Series: Baguio’s Good Shepherds Ube Halaya Custard Cake (Purple Yam Custard Cake) too!
With a couple simple but critical adjustments.
Even I was confused about this, so.
step by step Sweet Yam Casserole
- In a large bowl mix together brown sugar and salt…….
- Combine together in bowl with the brown sugar mixture your drained cans of yams and softened margarine…….break up any large pieces of yams…….
- Pour yam mixture into a large baking pan……sprinkle mixture with cinnamon powder……..
- Bake uncovered in a preheated 350 degree oven for 40 minutes……
- After baking remove pan from oven and place bag of marshmallows over top of yams……
- Place back into oven and continue to bake until marshmallows are golden brown……..
- Serve and enjoy 😉!.
Recipes Source: https://www.cookpad.com/en