.with the kind of refrigeration we had in our homes, cooked meat could be kept much more safely than raw. Therefore, when housewives bought their Sunday meat they selected pieces large enough to. Shepherd’s Pie comes to us from England, and is traditionally made with lamb or mutton.
That saucy, deeply flavourful filling, that creamy potato topping, and that awesome golden cheese crust.… While Shepherd’s Pie is.
The bottom layer is a simple a mix of ground lamb and vegetables, simmered into a delicious savory sauce.
This easy Shepherd’s Pie recipe is filled with lots of veggies and tender ground beef (or lamb), simmered together in the most delicious sauce, and topped with the creamiest mashed potatoes.
You can cook Shepherd’s Pie using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Shepherd’s Pie
- You need 6 of red Potatoes.
- You need of Cheddar cheese.
- You need 300 gram of Minced beef.
- Prepare 1 of small onion – chopped.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic – chopped.
- You need of Fresh rosemary.
- You need of Fresh thyme.
- Prepare 150 ml of fresh milk.
- You need 1 of carrot – chopped.
- You need To taste of butter.
- You need To taste of salt.
- You need To taste of pepper.
- You need 2 tablespoon of flour.
- You need of Olive oil.
- You need 1 of Egg yolk.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of tomato paste.
- You need as needed of Beef broth.
Learn how to make it with ground beef, turkey, chicken, and lamb recipes.
Shepherd’s pie with rich lamb and creamy mash is winter comfort food at its best.
The peaks and ridges on the mash just adds to the appeal!
Shepherd’s pie has culinary origins from England and its creation was inspired by the workers who tend to sheep.
instructions Shepherd’s Pie
- Bring a pot of salted water to boil then put potato in to the boiling water and cook until tender. Peel the skin, mash and mix with cheddar cheese, yolk,butter, milk and salt pepper. Set aside.
- In a pan heat olive oil and fry chopped onion then add chopped garlic and fry until fragrant, add carrot and cook about 3 minutes.
- Add minced beef,rosemary, thyme, flour, salt,pepper, and fry untill beef golden brown..
- Add beef brot and tomato paste, bring to boil and reduce heat then simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a baking dish spread beef, layer with mashed potato and flatten well.
- Bake in the oven in 200 c for 20 minutes or untill golden brown..
- And this is it,, have done and ready to serve.
Plunge your spoon into a shepherd’s pie with creamy mash and flavourful lamb mince.
We’ve got some lovely twists on shepherd’s pie on the site, but we were missing a definitive version of this.
Tender ground lamb (or beef) and chopped vegetables cooked in a rich gravy Learn How to make Shepherd’s Pie and enjoy this easy and comforting recipe year-round.
Shepherd’s pie is traditionally made with a ground-lamb filling, but we make ours with ground beef.
The sauce is really simple and flavorful, but the best part is the insanely fluffy mashed potato topping.
Recipes Source: https://www.cookpad.com/en