Avocado Chicken Enchilada Casserole.
It’s made with the best homemade enchilada sauce, and layered with corn tortillas, cheese, beans, and your favorite fillings. Saw this online, made a few changes to make it mine. Repeat- layer tortillas, chicken, avocado, sour cream mixture & rest of cheese.
But if you’re worried about its relatively low smoke point, you can use avocado oil instead.
It’s like taking all the goodness of an enchilada, but making it easier by stacking it up, and making it all even more cozy, if that is possible, baking it under a layer of cheese.
Avocado Enchiladas stuffed with creamy avocado and cheese, and smothered in the best homemade enchilada sauce.
You can cook Avocado Chicken Enchilada Casserole using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Avocado Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- Prepare 2 cups of sour cream.
- Prepare 2 cups of salsa verde.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk.
- You need 6 of flour tortillas.
- You need 3 of large cans shredded chicken.
- Prepare 1-2 of avocados.
- You need 8 oz of bag Mexican Cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 of tps black pepper.
These avocado enchiladas are my favorite easy enchilada recipe!
It’s cheesy, it’s spicy, it’s sinfully delicious.
This Simple Recipe Is A Crowd Pleaser And Will Become One Of Your Weekly Dinner Rotations.
Do you ever have one of those, I-just-got-back-from-vacation-but-now-i’m-stressed-out-beyond-belief-moments?
step by step Avocado Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350. Combine sour cream, salsa verde, milk & black pepper in a bowl. Whisk together..
- Pour a layer of the sourcream mixture onto pan. Then cut tortillas in half and layer on top of mixture..
- Then take 1-1/2 cansof shredded chicken & layer on top of tortillas. Then dice avocado in shell, scoop out & layer on top of chicken..
- Layer more sour cream mixture on top, then add 1/2 the bag of cheese. Repeat- layer tortillas, chicken, avocado, sour cream mixture & rest of cheese..
- Sprinkle black pepper on top if desired. Bake 50 minutes, then let cool for 5-10 minutes before serving..
Layer the tortillas first, then add the other.
This was a huge hit from my family!
I dished it up and I impressed each of them, which is sometimes a hard crowd!
Remove from the oven, then serve individual enchiladas drizzled with the remainder of the avocado cream sauce.
You can also garnish with additional cilantro, cheese.
Recipes Source: https://www.cookpad.com/en